Sometimes choosing a gift for someone else can be something of a nightmare.
There are inevitably a lot of variables involved, not the least of which is just how much money you have available to spend.
Then there are all those usual considerations such as just what type of thing would the recipient really value and appreciate?
Many of us buying presents have also sometimes racked our brains to try and think of something that’s just a little bit ‘different’. golden teachers After all, the typical household can only accommodate so many different types of plants, ornaments and other ‘knick-knackery’.
For some, a green component is also important. Let’s be blunt, a lot of gifts end up being put away in cupboards and drawers never to be looked at again. That’s hardly great for the environment.
For all these reasons, it might make sense to think about something a bit different like a mushroom growing kit.
Sure, if your intended recipient is anticipating gold and diamonds then they are likely to look somewhat less than favourably on a mushroom growing kit! Leaving those sorts of special events presents to one side though, for many other appreciation or recognition gifts, this type of kit may go down very well indeed.
Here are just some of the advantages:
• This type of present would actually do something. It can be watched and enjoyed over a period of time as the mushrooms grow.
• It’s one of the ultimate green presents. The produce can be eaten, the substrate (soil) recycled and in many cases even the packaging is biodegradable.
• There’s no doubt that it’s also educational. Many people are very unaware about the biology of mushrooms and they can certainly learn more simply by doing a little reading of the typically easy to follow instructions that accompany such kits.
• They produce a delicious foodstuff. There are a huge variety of recipes and information sources now on how to cook mushrooms.
• Finally, as if all the above isn’t justification enough, mushrooms are now known to be extraordinarily good for you.
Now if you have a picture in your mind at this stage of a vast truck arriving with a huge pallet load of mushroom growing equipment for the intended recipient, don’t worry!
Some starter kits are entirely ready to go and need little or no intervention.
They are also a very manageable size running from tiny book-sized kits right up to much larger and heavier sacks/boxes that do require a little extra space to store. So, you can select something of a size that is entirely commensurate with the property it is going into.
Another great thing about a starter mushroom growing kit is that as everything is already done, you won’t need a Ph.D. in biology in order to start getting some serious crops out of them.
Of course, if the person you are planning to give the present to is a little more technically minded and you know that they enjoy putting a little bit of hands-on effort into something, you can also purchase kits where a little more intervention is required in terms of preparing materials.
There will almost certainly be a mushroom growing kit available for your requirements. They can make truly delightful and unusual presents.