Cell phone technology is getting better all the time. The latest generation of iPhones is far better than the last, just as the last generation was better than the one that came before it. Because of this, people are constantly scrambling to keep up with the changing times by purchasing new models and devices as soon as they hit the shelves. But completely replacing your old iPhone every time a newer version is released is not the only way to upgrade. In fact, it is not even the best way. Always buying a new phone does not make much economic sense for most people, and it is unnecessary and wasteful. This is no secret, and as a result of all this, more and more people have been opening businesses in recent years that cater to the ever changing needs of iPhone users and electronics consumers in general.
Such companies can come in quite handy when a specific part of your cell phone breaks or malfunctions. Often, you can simply replace or repair that specific part, car cup holder iphone dock without having to get a new phone all together. Looking for replacement parts online is actually a fairly easy chore. One common example of this is an iPhone replacement docking connector.
Getting an iPhone replacement docking connector is a simple solution to an important problem that your phone may encounter. The dock connector is the part of your phone that you plug things into. If it stops working, you may not be able to charge your phone or upload music or pictures. When this happens, getting an iPhone replacement docking connector is a more affordable alternative to replacing your whole phone. It is a fairly simple procedure and one that you should be able to do yourself once you have the part that you need. The following steps will walk you through the process.
1. First, you will have to remove the broken dock connector to get ready to install the iPhone replacement docking connector. Using a Phillips screw driver, unscrew the two screws that hold this part in place on your phone.
2. Next, locate the metal handle and remove it from the suction cup that you see. For safety purposes, instead of pulling on the metal handle, grip the base of the suction cup.
3. It is important to be very careful when opening up your iPhone so as not to break any other parts on the inside. Be sure not to break any of the cables under the display.
4. You will find a rubber gasket connecting the back display assembly and the front silver bezel. Using some force, separate these.
5. Next, locate the small suction cup that can be found close to the home button and pull on it carefully.
6. Keeping in mind that the display assembly is still joined to the rest of the phone with cables, turn it to a 45 degree angle. Remove the display assembly gently so as not to damage or tear any of the cables.
7. Now you are ready to swap in your iPhone replacement docking connector.